Most of the articles on rec.running are
under 26.2 miles. For the real scoop, get on the mailing
Some Runs You Don't Want To Try
- Could the Barkley
be the toughest 100 mile race?
- The Badwater Quad, Scott Weber's 600 mile
double round trip from Death Valley to Mt. Whitney.
- The Death Valley Crossing, Marshall Ulrich's
130 mile run through Death Valley in 120+ F heat.
- Run, bike, ski, or snowshoe 100 miles of Alaskan winter wilderness
in the Iditasport. Too easy? Try running the
350 mile Iditasport Extreme.
- The Pikes Peak Quad. 7 runners with crampons
and ice axes finished 4 round trips of the Pikes
- The Marathon Monks take a 24,000 mile path
- Run through the Sahara Desert for 6 days, carrying all your supplies,
at the Marathon des Sables.
- The Eco Challenge, when just running isn't
- Mt. Everest Marathon and 100
- Beware of the aid stations at the Alferd E.
Packer 50 miler.
- If the Sri Chinmoy 1300 Mile Run is too
long for you, try the 700 and 1000 mile fun runs.
- Yiannis Kouros holds world records from 24
hours to 1000 miles.
If you still have fantasies of doing an ultra,
here's how to train as you progress through
the Five Stages to Becoming an Ultrarunner.
Back to my Home Page
Matt Mahoney, firstname.lastname@example.org